Thursday, June 13, 2013

To the man of my dreams for Father's Day


When Aaron and I first met I knew he was something special. We met after attendance to the investigator class of our singles ward in October of 2005. I was fellow shipping a gal that the missionaries were teaching and he brought 4 of his baseball buddies to class. I wasn't going to go to class that day because my gal wasn't there but something whispered to my spirit that I needed to go. I walked in and there he was. Like a breathe of fresh Utah air. He was the first one in the class to say "On my mission,". He had me at that. He would ask me 2 years later "Had I not served a mission, would you still have wanted me?" At first I couldn't answer because of course I wanted to say that no matter what I would always want him which to this day is still true but after a week of thinking hard about it I came back to him and answered honestly. At the time, probably not. I know that sounds brutal but when I was looking for my eternal companion, I wanted a returned missionary. I wanted an Eagle Scout. I wanted someone who was active in college and education and had dreams and goals. I wanted someone who was quirky like my dad. Someone who I could constantly laugh with. Someone who was patient and kind. Someone who would speak sweetly to me and our children. Someone who loved and respected his mother. Someone who put The Lord first, me second, and then everything else. Someone who could take me to the temple over and over again. Someone who had an amazing family with a great legacy. Someone who would always give 110% to everything and everyone. A tall someone with brown hair and blue eyes(not kidding). I have been blessed with exactly what I wanted and then some. He is everything I have ever dreamed about. He is a dream to our two little girls who I know will rate whomever they date next to their daddy and first love. He is a walking talking living breathing example of what I expect my son to be. The bar is high as it should be. This man has made my life, is my entire life, and will still be my life in the world to come. He is my proof and testimony that The Lord truly knows us and what we need. He is every answer to every prayer I have ever had or ever will have. He is the man of my dreams and the man that I celebrate this Fathers Day. Down to the eye color, he is everything I could ever ask for.

No comments: